Do investors need to submit the proposal or endorsement application for changing from Myanmar Citizen Investment to foreign investment? What are the documents which need to be submitted?

According to Myanmar Investment Rule 238, investors do not need to submit the proposal or endorsement application to the commission in case where Myanmar Citizen Investment is changed into foreign investment. Investors need to submit the amount of total investment, share ratios and machinery list (imported) for changing of investment form.

How to continue after obtaining Endorsement?

After obtaining Endorsement, licenses or permits from relevant ministries, government agencies and organizations might be needed depending on the nature of the business or other requirements. Then five (5) copies of all approvals, licenses, permits, Joint Venture Agreements and the Land Lease Agreements shall be submitted to the MIC.

How does an investor get the right to use land?

An investor who obtains a Permit or an Endorsement under the MIL can get a long term land lease from private owners for private owned land/building or from the relevant government organizations for the state owned land/buildings. The initial leasing period is up to 50 years and it can be extended twice for 10 years respectively (a total of 20 years). Therefore, to get the right to use land, it is required that the investor undergo either the MIC Permit process or endorsement application process.